Who is Optibac Probiotics One Week Flat for?
For those with occasional bloating*. An easy, flavorless probiotic supplement designed to be taken for one week.
- Specially formulated for those who suffer from occasional bloating*
- The probiotic strains in One Week Flat support a healthy intestinal tract, digestion & aid transit*
- Each sachet provides 5 billion CFU + 0.3g prebiotic FOS (Fructooligosaccharides) - the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry
- Contains 4 high quality friendly bacteria strains scientifically proven to survive stomach acidity and reach the gut alive
- Complements your natural gut bacteria
- The strains in One Week Flat, including Lactobacillus acidophilus Rosell-52, have been found to be positive for digestive enzymes, including lactase & α-glucosidase
- Lactase is involved in the breakdown of lactose in milk, and α-glucosidase is involved in the breakdown of starch
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required
- Suitable from 4 years, including pregnant and breastfeeding women, vegetarians, and coeliacs
- Free from artificial flavorings or colorings often found in other food & drinks containing probiotics
- Designed to be taken as a short term course over 7 consecutive days (1 sachet per day)
- Can be taken occasionally i.e. once a month, or on an ongoing basis
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements. As determined in an independent survey of 1000 British women+.
Available to order in two pack sizes of 7 or 28 sachets.
All questions answered by probiotic experts Dr. Kate Stephens PhD (Food and Microbial Sciences) BSc(Hons) Medical Microbiology and Kerry Beeson BSc (Nutritional Medicine) Nutritional Therapist.
Is One Week Flat suitable for both men and women?
Definitely! Probiotics for the gut are not gender-specific, so One Week Flat is suitable for everyone over the age of 4 years who wishes to support occasional bloating, gut health, and digestion*. This includes men, women and trans and non-binary people, too!
How often should I take One Week Flat probiotic supplements?
It is recommended to take One Week Flat every day for at least one week. After that it is down to personal preference. One Week Flat can be used in the short term, as a week-long course for those experiencing occasional bloating* or if you are looking for an affordable way to 'top up' your gut bacteria every now and then. Equally, it can be used daily on an ongoing basis if you find this suits you best. There is no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ way to take it. Here are some of the ways that our loyal One Week Flat customers take this supplement:
- a 7-day course regularly every month
- a 7-day course as and when required
- one sachet every day on an ongoing basis
What does One Week Flat taste of?
One Week Flat has a fairly ‘neutral’ taste and most people find it easy and pleasant to take. You may notice a slight natural sweetness which comes from the prebiotic fibres, but you can rest assured that the supplement contains no added flavourings, sugar, or sweeteners.
I get bloated when I eat foods like dairy or gluten - can I take One Week Flat?
One Week Flat is gluten-free so is fine to be taken by those with food-related bloating. It is also suitable to be taken by those with lactose intolerance1,2,3. It contains 4 well-researched probiotic strains combined with 0.3g FOS prebiotic fibres. Individual responses to a supplement can vary, but the majority of our customers get on very well with this formulation; in fact, some people find that probiotics, such as the Lactobacillus rhamnosus Rosell-11 strain in One Week Flat, help to improve digestion* of certain foods like dairy products1,2,3.
I'm on a calorie-restricted diet. Can I take One Week Flat?
One Week Flat contains just 7.72 calories per sachet, and 0g fat. Most of the carbohydrate in the supplement comes from the prebiotic fibre (Fructooligosaccharides, also known as FOS) which is not digested, and therefore has almost no calorific value. But the FOS feeds the friendly bacteria in our gut and helps them to flourish*.
Does One Week flat help with occasional bloating?
Many probiotic strains, including those found in One Week Flat, produce digestive enzymes. These digestive enzymes are known to help break down problematic foods, preventing excessive fermentation in the gut that can cause bloating4*. The good bacteria in the supplement also help to discourage the growth of undesirable bacteria5* which tend to product a lot of gases. For these reasons, many people find that One Week Flat can be helpful for occasional bloating*.
Now dispatching in our new look!
We are introducing new, eco-conscious packaging this year, and the new designs will update gradually from product to product to minimize any waste. Please bear with us as you may receive orders with both current and new packaging over the coming months. We hope you like the new look!
Customer feedback collected via independent review platform Trustpilot. See 'Reviews' tab for more customer opinions collected via our own website.
1. Kocian J. (1996) ‘Further Possibilities in the Treatment of Lactose Intolerance: Lactobacilli’ Prakticky Lekar (General Practitioner). Vol. 74. pp. 212 – 214
2. Rampengan et al., (2010), ‘Comparison of efficacies between live and killed probiotics in children with lactose malabsorption’. Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health 41: 474-481
3. Oak SJ, Jha R. The effects of probiotics in lactose intolerance: A systematic review. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2019;59(11):1675-1683. doi: 10.1080/10408398.2018.1425977. Epub 2018 Feb 9. PMID: 29425071.
4. D. H. Juers, B. W. Matthews and R. E. Huber, “LacZ β-galactosidase: Structure and function of an enzyme of historical and molecular biological importance,” Protein Science, vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 1792-1807, 2012.
5. Likotrafiti E, Rhoades J. Probiotics, Prebiotics, and Synbiotics. Science Direct. https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/food-science/probiotic-bacteria. Published 2016. Accessed September 30, 2020.